- Position: Director
- Location: Rutherglen
- Salary: £69,876 - £72,626
- Hours: 35 per week
- Grade: EVH Grade 10, SM20 - SM22
- Contract: Permanent
- Closing Date: 7 August 2020
The Association was formed in 1980 with a mission of improving the 641 properties within Rutherglen that had been identified as being below the tolerable standard.
Since that time, the Association's activities have also extended to improving and managing stock in Cambuslang and in 1996 it changed its name to Rutherglen and Cambuslang Housing Association. We have invested almost £65 million improving and building homes within our community in the last 40 years and remain an active developer.
We now rent 855 properties in the Rutherglen and Cambuslang area and provide a factoring and ground maintenance service for over 900 owners. We are managed by a voluntary, unpaid, management committee made up of local people some of whom are tenants, and we employ 18 staff to deal with the day to day running of the organisation.
Our current post holder is about to retire and so we offer a rarely available exciting opportunity to further progress our work on continuously improving housing provision within our local communities. We now wish to recruit a successor, an outstanding Director , who will lead the organisation both strategically and operationally, and ensure excellent service delivery for our tenants.
The successful candidate will be both passionate about, and committed to, our vision to remain an independent locally controlled Association which builds, manages and maintains our stock to the highest standards. You will demonstrate a solid track record gained in social housing and will exhibit significant managerial work experience including inspiring, developing and managing staff effectively.
We want our next Director to possess:
- Tertiary level education or equivalent relevant experience, including, preferably, Chartered Institute of Housing Membership
- Significant and productive experience of working in partnership with external agencies and stakeholders
- Superb interpersonal, ambassadorial and influencing skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including negotiating and report writing
- Effective business development and IT skills
- Business acumen, and skilled in social entrepreneurship
We offer full EVH terms and conditions of employment, including a Defined Contribution pension scheme to the successful candidate.
Closing date is 12 noon on Friday 7 August.
Interviewees will be tested in week commencing 17 August, and interviews will then be conducted on 28 August within our Rutherglen office.
A basic disclosure check will be required to be undertaken by the successful candidate.
‘We are an Equal Opportunities employer’