Resilience is the ability to adapt after adversity and while organisations need to be resilient, the main focus here is on on individual resilience.
In the short video below, Rachel Weiss, Senior Partner of Rowan Consultancy provides a brief overview of resilience and highlights some of the resources which can be found on this page.
Please find below some useful resources :
- An overview of resilience including 10 tips to cultivate it.
- Healthy Mind Platter: gives you a checklist of seven daily mental activities to stay balanced.
- Happiness Action Pack: a pack of practical actions you can take each day to boost your happiness.
Books & Audio Books
- The 4 Pillar Plan: How to Eat, Sleep, Relax and Move Your Way to a Longer Healthier Life, by Dr Ranjan Chatterjee
- Rising Strong: How the Ability to Reset Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent and Lead, By Brené Brown
- The Three Secrets of Resilience, TEDx, Dr Lucy Hone
- Understand that suffering is part of life.
- Tune into the good parts of your life. Remember those parts of your life.
- Ask yourself, 'Is this helping me or harming me?'.
- Dr Hone also explains these 3 principles in this 5 min video from BBC IDEAS Three Tools to Boost Your Resilience
- 8 Things Resilient People Do, Psych2Go
- Developing a Growth Mindset, TED talk, Prof Carol Dweck
- A growth mindset believes that they can learn and grow.
- A mistake is an opportunity to learn.
- Someone with a fixed mindset believes that their intelligence and ability are fixed.