- Position: Temporary Maintenance Assistant
- Location: Glasgow
- Salary: £25044 - £27832
- Hours: 35 per week
- Grade: EVH grade 5
- Contract: Maternity cover until July 2022, with the possibility of extending until August 2022.
Temporary Maintenance Assistant
Charing Cross Housing Association is looking to recruit a temporary Maintenance Assistant to cover maternity leave. We are looking for an individual who is enthusiastic, hard-working and committed to providing an excellent service to our tenants and owners. This role covers the provision of the front-line repairs service, dealing with reactive & cyclical repairs, monitoring contractor performance and administering the Gas servicing programme.
The Association primarily operates within the Woodlands and Garnethill areas of Glasgow, where most of the stock comprises pre-1919 tenements. The Association is a registered Social Housing Landlord and registered Property Factor. We own and manage 513 social rented flats and factor 900 properties.
You will report to the Asset Manager and work with the Maintenance & Factoring Officers & Maintenance Assistant.
You will be the first point of contact for all service users in relation to Maintenance.
And your duties will involve:
- Recording, allocating and instructing day-to-day reactive & cyclical repairs
- Liaising with contractors and completing all repairs
- Monitoring contractor performance – collating and issuing monthly feedback reports to contractors and the Committee
- Collating and producing ARC Reports (No. Of Repairs Right 1st Time, Average Response Times for Emergency Repairs, Average Response Times for Non-Emergency Repairs, and Gas Compliance
- Administering the Gas Servicing programme including liaising with Contractors, Tenants and going through the No Access Procedure
- General correspondence with owners and tenants as required such as general letters to closes regarding repair issues
The successful candidate will ideally have relevant proven experience, be Computer literate (Excel and Word, as well as ideally Homemaster), have excellent Communication skills, be customer focussed be a good team member and be able to work efficiently and accurately under pressure.
Closing Date for applications: 13th May
Interview Date: Week commencing 16th May
Commencement Date: ASAP after successful Candidate appointed.
For further information contact
Susan Speirs, Office Manager