- Position: Technical Officer(s)
- Location: Glasgow based
- Salary: £36,860 - £40,475 per annum (pro rata)
- Hours: 35 and 17.5 hours per week
- Grade: EVH Grade 7
- Contract: Permanent
- Closing Date: 3 December 2023, 17:00
Hours: 1 x full time position (35 hours per week) and 1 x part time position (17.5 hours per week).
West of Scotland Housing Association (WSHA) puts customers at the heart of everything we do by listening to their views and caring about what matters to them. Our values (respect, inclusive, integrity, improvement, and support) shape how we act, our decisions and the services we provide.
What we can offer
Our staff are at the heart of our business, and we support them to be their best which is demonstrated with 84% of staff saying WSHA is a good place to work. We provide a friendly, inclusive environment and with the flexibility of a hybrid model of working (mix of home and office). Staff also benefit with a generous holiday allowance of 40 days. We know that to deliver outstanding customer service, we must ensure our staff are happy, healthy and motivated and we put a strong focus on staff wellbeing which is reflected with our gold accreditation for Healthy Working Lives. All staff also have free access to a comprehensive Employee Support Service.
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, age, or religion or belief. We are particularly interested to hear from applicants with a disability, or from a black or minority ethnic background.
Disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria will, where possible will be granted an interview under the Disability Confident scheme.
We are looking for a new part time and full time Technical Officer who shares our values and will use them to guide the way they work on a daily basis. You will be accountable to our Senior Technical Officer. You will assist in ensuring that the Association’s maintenance contracts run effectively provide value for money and meet requirements of customers.
- Have the ability to explain technical information to laypersons in clear and concise terms
- Have the ability to analyse and diagnose problems and implement effective solutions
- Have comprehensive knowledge of housing maintenance, construction, building processes and best practice
- Have knowledge and experience of Health & Safety legislation, including building regulations and CDM requirements, affecting housing maintenance, including gas servicing, legionella and asbestos
How to apply:
For further details please visit: www.westscot.co.uk/about-us/recruitment/ and complete our online application form, or if you prefer you can find a downloadable application pack online. Alternatively, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0141 550 5600 to request these sent to you in a different format.
Completed applications must be returned by 5pm on Sunday 3rd December 2023.
Provisional Interview Date: 1st interviews – week commencing 11th December 2023.