- Position: Finance Assistant - Part Time
- Location: Barrhead
- Salary: £21,323 - £24,112 - pro rata
- Hours: 14 (flexible working pattern available) per week
- Grade: EVH Grade 4
- Contract: Temporary untl 31 March 2022 - potential extension beyond
- Closing Date: 4 October 2021
Finance Assistant - Part Time
Barrhead Housing Association is a local community controlled charitable organisation, operating within the East Renfrewshire area. It currently owns and manages a stock of 947, with a further 250 factored properties delivered through our subsidiary, Levern Property Services. The Association is a non-profit making organisation, providing good quality affordable housing with a commitment to continuous improvement to services.
Our aim at Barrhead Housing Association is for every employee to reach their full potential, to accomplish our mission ‘At the heart of the community – investing in your future’. In return for the skills and commitment you bring to BHA - we trust, inspire and support all employees to delight their customers, invest in every employee’s development and wellbeing, and offer an exceptional package of benefits and flexible working in a strong local community anchor organisation.
Our values are central to what we do and how we do it. They incorporate the importance that we place on people, services and quality.
- RESPECTFUL – we are honest, trustworthy and reliable
- ADAPTABLE – we are flexible and react to change
- DEDICATED – we care about our purpose
- ASPIRATIONAL – we are forward thinking and committed to improvement
- RESPONSIVE – we are efficient and accountable.
Our ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, have excellent numerical and analytical skills combined with good communication and organisational skills. Ideally someone who enjoys working in a small team, equally comfortable working as part of the team or independently but overall committed to good performance.
The primary purpose of this role will be to provide basic financial duties to support to the Corporate Services Department. The post holder may also be required to provide administrative tasks to support all departments as required.
Adopting a ‘can do’ attitude you will be expected to adhere to all Financial Regulations and procedures and contribute to continuous improvement as required.
The role holder will work closely with the Corporate Services Assistant to ensure:
- The timely registering of invoices and matching to job orders to ensure accounts payable are processed in a timely manner.
- That rental income is posted accurately and timely to the rent accounting module.
- All basic finance duties are kept up to date.
Excellent terms and conditions of employment apply. The Association aims to be an equal opportunity employer.
No CV’s please. Flexible working offered.
Our recruitment package is available from our website
Further information and return of applications can be obtained from:
Barrhead Housing Association Ltd.
60/70 Main Street, Barrhead G78 1SB Telephone: 0141 881 0638 www.barrheadha.org
Barrhead Housing Association is a Disability Confident Employer and offers an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job.
The closing date for applications is 12 noon 4th October 2021.
Interviews will be held via ZOOM on 11th October 2021.