Absence & Attendance
Who is it for?
HR practitioners, line managers or other members of staff responsible for managing employees within their organisation. No prior knowledge of employment law is required. Also suitable for governing body members.
What’s it about?
Learn practical knowledge and skills to assist in reducing absence, improving attendance and tackling poor performance in the workplace, including formal actions such as disciplinary procedures.
The session illustrates the approaches that should be adopted when dealing with different types of absences. It explains how you should deal with related and unrelated short- and long-term absences, disabled employees and unauthorised absences.
The session covers:
- Attendance and absence levels
- Capability, conduct or other reasons for absence
- Managing short- and long-term absence
- Managing disability
- Avoiding discrimination
- Following organisational policies and procedures
- Obtaining medical evidence
- Impact on holidays and sickness absence
Costs: All costs are per session
1 day £650
½ day £350
1 day £910 + VAT
½ day £490 + VAT
Location: We bring the training to you on-site or to a mutually convenient location.