- Position: Project Manager
- Location: Glasgow
- Salary: £30,000
- Contract: Permanent
- Closing Date: 29 March 2018
Salary: £30,000 PLUS (Salary negotiable depending on experience) + Bonus
UK based – in Glasgow, Scotland
Home Connections is a boutique software services provider that delivers bespoke solutions to the Social Housing sector (which covers Local Authority Housing and Housing Associations). Home Connections is a non-profit housing software provider owned by several local authorities.
Home Connections is looking for experienced project managers with significant project management experience of managing corporate project. Experience of projects delivered for social housing is highly desirable.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Management of significant projects and resources (offshore developers).
• Ensure the delivery of all projects to time, quality and budget and according to Prince2 project management
• Account Management of 3-5 key clients.
• Product development for Home Connections, such as but not limited to:
a. Development of software relating to social housing services - such as housing registers, housing advice, homelessness reduction act, temporary accommodation, supported housing, rents, tenancy management etc.
b. Integration to third party products - such as fraud checking software
• Provide assistance for marketing and sales activity in relation to tender writing, bid submission and system demonstrations; direct marketing and sales activity in relation to existing accounts
• To manage the relationship with the Development Manager to ensure implementation of all deliverables to the required standards of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost.
• To plan, schedule, manage and monitor staff and resources in order to meet project deadlines, including initiating corrective action where required.
• To monitor and manage relevant project budgets, and provide financial returns and reports to the project board and funding bodies.
• To develop, review and update project plans, and communicate to progress to all key project stakeholders. To manage authorised changes to project plans and deliverables through a structured change control process
• To employ structured techniques and standard methodology to elicit user requirements and to understand business processes.
• To produce clearly documented and illustrated requirements specifications for suppliers to work against.
• To comply with all reporting requirements from funding agencies.
• To seek out and establish relationships with key private or public-sector suppliers and technology partners.
KNOWLEDGE / QUALIFICATIONS:
• Educated to degree or higher level (ESSENTIAL for Project Manager)
• High standard of English (ESSENTIAL)
• Specialist knowledge of Social Housing (ESSENTIAL)
• Knowledge of Home Connections software systems (DESIRABLE)
• Project Management qualifications or experience in using Prince2 or a similar project management
methodology (HIGHLY DESIRABLE for Project Manager position)
• Languages – fluency in French, Dutch or German – to contribute to and conduct meetings and written
correspondence would be desirable for European projects.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
• At least 5 year PM experience and 2 years’ experience of working in a social housing environment (housing
association or local authority) (ESSENTIAL)
• Skills or experience or knowledge in using Housing Management systems (for example, but not limited to one
from either IBS, Capita, Aereon, Northgate, Civica or any other major system provider) (DESIRABLE)
• Experience of using Home Connections systems (DESIRABLE)
• Ability to communicate with confidence and clarity across the entire range of communication channels (all
forms of written communications, verbal, presentation, inter-personal) (ESSENTIAL)
• MS OFFICE skills / experience (ESSENTIAL)
• Experience of using web-based applications, systems and social media tools
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and manage a diverse and complex workload (ESSENTIAL)
• Ability to update and maintain web-based CRM and other systems (ESSENTIAL)
• Experience of managing projects (ESSENTIAL)
The post holder may be required to attend evening and weekend meetings and to travel as the job demands
with all travel expenses and accommodation paid.
The post holder will be expected to be flexible in relation to working hours and work according to time required to meet project deliverables.
To apply please email Miroslava Atkins via Miroslava.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date Thursday 29 March 2018 at 12noon