- Position: Committee Member
- Location: Barlanark
We want to be at the heart of our community and have its needs at the heart of all that we do.
Calvay Housing Association (CHA) is based in Barlanark, part of Greater Easterhouse. Calvay is a member of Easterhouse Housing Regeneration Alliance (EHRA).
In early 2018, our long-standing Director left the Association. Following an options appraisal, Calvay decided its best option was to continue as an independent association, and a new permanent Director was appointed in October 2018.
Since then we have put a new business plan in place, and made improvements in how the Association is governed and managed. Over the coming year we will be commissioning a governance review and putting in place further improvements.
We are a medium sized housing association with 825 properties in management. We have a mixture of property types; the original stock acquired from GCC in the 80s, new-build properties and ‘second stage’ transfer properties. Over the next year we have plans to develop approximately sixty additional properties. We also provide factoring services to 105 owners and lease one commercial unit.
Calvay HA is based at the Calvay Centre which is also home to Quarriers charity. The Centre has an IT suite and a hall which is rented out for a variety of activities.
Some of the benefits you can expect from serving on our Management Committee include:
• Develop a new sense of purpose
• Open your career paths with new skills and knowledge
• Get personal satisfaction from giving something back to the community
• Make a real difference to improve the quality of life for the Barlanark community
• Build a sense of achievement and improve your confidence and self esteem
• Have your views heard in a mutually supportive environment
• Play a crucial role in taking forward the work of CHA
• Access to training and personal development
We are looking to strengthen our committee and would like to hear from people who have professional level skills or experience in any of the following areas:
• Governance, regulation and inspection
• Financial management, investment or risk management
• Property asset management including Development
Please download our application pack to find out more.