8 August 2018
The Scottish Business Pledge is a government initiative introduced in 2015 to promote a value led partnership between the Scottish Government and businesses.
The pledge is based on 9 key elements:
• No using exploitative zero hours contracts
• Supporting progressive workforce engagement
• Investing in youth
• Making progress on diversity and gender balance
• Committing to an innovation programme
• Pursuing international business opportunities
• Playing an active role in the community
• Committing to prompt payment
To make the Scottish Business pledge organisations must pay the living wage, meet the requirements of 2 other elements of the pledge and be committed to achieve all 9 elements for the longer term.
In March 2018 a review of the pledge was announced to increase the uptake and make it more attractive to businesses. If you want more information on this review, please log on to the link below for more information:
To find out more about the Scottish Business Pledge and what’s involved please have a look at the link below: