Long Service Awards
18 December 2017
We held our fifth Long Service Awards ceremony in Betty's Room on Thursday 14 December 2017. We present these awards twice a year (June and December), normally following our Management Committee meeting. However, the event is proving so popular that we decided to arrange this Award ceremony as an event on its own right.
We had 17 nominations (six Governing Body members and 11 staff). Thirteen nominees chose to attend the Awards ceremony, along with friends and family. The other four nominees opted for their awards to be dropped off at their organisations to be presented locally.
We were delighted to recognise governing body members and staff who have given so much of their time serving their organisations, A light buffet and some Christmas refreshments followed the ceremony, giving nominees some time to network and celebrate their magnificent achievements.
The thirteen nominees who received their awards from EVH Chair, Gordon Mason and EVH Director, Eamonn Connolly were:
- Glen Oaks Housing Association - Sandra Coubrough, David Crawford, Jean Murray and Karen Kershaw
- Lister Housing Co-operative - Jenny Lewis and Colleen Littlewood
- Maryhill Housing - Pauline Haldane
- Paragon Housing Association - Elizabeth McGinty and Margaret Torrance
- Pineview Housing Association - Jean Black and Josie McGinty
- West Whitlawburn Housing Association - Muriel Alcorn
- Yorkhill Housing Association - Dr Malcolm Green
The four nominees who received their award locally were:
- Maryhill Housing - Derek Ferguson
- Shettleston Housing Association - Mary Hunstone, Angela McMurran and Jannette Rawls
To date we have presented 89 awards to member organisations and are looking forward to passing our 100 milestone, hopefully in June next year when our next ceremony will take place. We will notify members when we are looking for nominees for this.