H & S Stats 2016
14 November 2016
• 1.3 million working people suffering from a work-related illness.
• 2,515 mesothelioma deaths due to past asbestos exposures (2014).
• 144 workers killed at work.
• 72,702 other injuries to employees reported under RIDDOR.
• 621,000 injuries occurred at work according to the Labour Force Survey.
• 30.4 million working days lost due to work-related illness and workplace injury.
• £14.1 billion estimated cost of injuries and ill health from current working conditions (2014/15).
All employers and employees have a duty of care to think about health and safety at all times to protect themselves and those around them.